Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nora the Explorer!

Hi all,

I’m back! I’ve just had the most wonderful day in the Botanic Gardens in North Dublin. It’s like a little hidden gem in such a lively bustling city such as Dublin!
Just like Glasnevin Graveyard and Museum I was able to take a leisurely walk from the Ardmore Hotel (well that was after I had a little rest after the big lovely Full Irish breakfast I had in the Cream Restaurant-compliments to the chef!)
So anyway I got to the Gardens and was immediately struck by the beautiful smell of the hundreds of flowers, plants and trees that call this place home.
I have to say my favourite part of my visit was feeding the ducks in the many ponds and streams,( I’m not actually sure if you’re allowed do that-oops!), while feeding the ducks I was delighted to find a cheeky pair of squirrels inching their way toward me to try get some bread! I had never seen anything like it they’re obviously well used to people!
Another beautiful part of the Botanic Gardens is the Rose Garden, filled with hundreds of roses, all different types and colours-and the fragrance! My word, it was heavenly!
I ended up spending the whole day there just following all the little paths and bridges to one beautiful garden after another, it was wonderful.
I definitely think I’ll be making a return trip before I leave Dublin!
But for now it’s back to the Ardmore- I’ve had a craving for the chef’s hot and spicy chicken wings all day!- I might even have a pint of Guinness to wash it down!
Well bye for now I’ll be back soon

Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment